Todd Almassian focuses his practice in the areas of Business and Personal Bankruptcy Law. Todd represents debtors and creditors in Chapter 7, 11, 12, and 13 proceedings. Todd has served as an expert witness for plaintiffs and defendants in various insolvency matters and bankruptcy cases and is a frequent lecturer regarding the Bankruptcy Code.
Honors and Awards
Todd Almassian was recently selected by his peers and named the Best Lawyers’ 2016 Grand Rapids Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law "Lawyer of the Year".
Todd was selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, 2011-2016 (Copyright 2010-2016 by Woodward/White, Inc., of Aiken, S.C.).
Current American Board of Certification, Consumer Bankruptcy Law
Michigan Super Lawyers, Business Bankruptcy 2011-2016
Rising Star/Michigan Super Lawyers, 2010
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Federal Bar Association, Western District of Michigan, Bankruptcy Section, Chairman 2008-2010
- Federal Bar Association, Western District of Michigan, Bankruptcy Steering Committee, Member
- Grand Rapids Bar Association, Foundation Committee, Member
- Grand Rapids Bar Association, Treasurer 2011-2013
- State Bar of Michigan, Member
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Central States Bankruptcy Advisory Board Member
- Quailified Mediator for the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Michigan
Local debtor’s counsel in successful reorganization of nation’s largest chain of Christian bookstores, with over 260 retail locations.
Lead counsel in the successful reorganization of the following Chapter 11 debtors:
- State Wide Retailer of Mattress Stores.
- West Michigan Auto-Parts Manufacturer.
- Northern Michigan Bar.
- Lakeshore Engineering Company.
- Disaster Relief Company.
- Numerous high income-net worth individual Chapter 11 cases.
Lead creditor’s counsel for a dairy cow leasing company throughout the United States in bankruptcy proceedings.
- Retained by insurance defense counsel in several legal malpractice cases.
- Retained by plaintiff’s counsel in medical malpractice case.
- Retained by defendant’s counsel in medical malpractice case.
- Retained by county prosecutor in murder for hire case involving bankruptcy
Hon. Steven W. Rhodes Consumer Bankruptcy Conference:
Causes of Action Owned by a Debtor (November, 2016)
ABI – Central State Program:
Asset Protection (High Level Strategies & Problems) - Analyzing the practical aspects of asset protection planning, practical goals and limitations of asset protection (June, 2015)
Debtor’s Bar Of West Michigan:
Annual Conference Seminar: Pre-bankruptcy Planning (January, 2015);Read More
- 1996 Michigan
- 1996 U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan
- 2009 U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
1996 University of Detroit Mercy School of Law
Detroit, Michigan: J.D.
1993 Michigan State University
East Lansing, Michigan, B.A.
Areas of Practice
- Consumer and Commercial Bankruptcy Law
- Chapter 7
- Chapter 11
- Chapter 13
- Expert Witness Services
Keller & Almassian, PLC
230 East Fulton Street
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Grand Rapids Law Office